CYP Ultimate Frisbee
- This event has passed.
CYP Ultimate Frisbee
August 30 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Ladies and gentlemen, back by popular demand, CYP presents Ultimate Frisbee!
Wednesdays: August 30th to October 18th 5:45-8:00PM
Come show off your skills with this timeless childhood classic and hang out with some awesome people along the way. Sign up with a friend or group of friends or come alone and meet great new people and teammates!
The league will begin Wednesday, August 30th, 2017 and run every Wednesday until October 18th, 2017 for a total of 8 weeks including playoffs. All players will receive a CYP Ultimate Frisbee tee shirt. Players on the winning team will each receive a small trophy or medal.
Sign ups end on August 18th, 2017.
See you out on the field!
Cost: $25 for CYP Members/$40 for Non-members (includes T-shirts)
When: Wednesdays starting August 30, 2017 from 5:45pm – 8pm (including playoffs)
Where: George B. Stuart Athletic Fields (Rockledge Drive Fields) 1213 Rockledge Drive, Carlisle, PA 17015
What: Ultimate Frisbee
Team Size: 5 people with at least 1 female on the field at all times. Rosters may have a maximum of 8 people – 2 must be female.
Trophies will be provided to the winning team.
PLEASE SEE RULES AND ROSTER COMPOSITION BELOW
Rules are subject to changing depending on league composition.
CYP ULTIMATE FRISBEE BASIC RULES
Full Rules Will be Emailed Prior to the start of the League
- The Field: A rectangular shape with end zones at each end.
- Initiate Play: Each point begins with both teams lining up on the front of their respective end zone line. The defense throws (“pulls”) the disc to the offense. A regulation game has five players per team.
- Scoring: Each time the offense completes a pass in the defense’s end zone, the offense scores a point. Play is initiated after each score.
- Movement of the Disc: The disc may be advanced in any direction by completing a pass to a teammate. Players may not run with the disc. The person with the disc (“thrower”) has ten seconds to throw the disc. The defender guarding the thrower (“marker”) counts out the stall count.
- Change of Possession: When a pass is not completed (e.g. out of bounds, drop, block, interception, stalled), the defense immediately takes possession of the disc and becomes the offense.
- Substitutions: Players not in the game may replace players in the game after a score and during an injury timeout.
- Non-contact: No physical contact is allowed between players. Picks and screens are also prohibited. A foul occurs when contact is made.
- Fouls: When a player initiates contact on another player a foul occurs. When a foul disrupts possession, the play resumes as if the possession was retained. If the player committing the foul disagrees with the foul call, the play is redone.
- Self-Officiating: Players are responsible for their own foul and line calls. Players resolve their own disputes.
- Scoring: The teams shall play up to three games per weekly matchup. The team that scores 5 points first wins the game. The total time for all games in a particular matchup shall be 45 minutes. If a game is in progress when 45 minutes elapses, it shall count as a completed game if five combined points have been scored in that game. Incomplete games may be made up at the discretion of the Sports Committee in consultation with the teams involved.
- If a team will be signing up in its entirety, rosters must be submitted to the Sports Committee on or before August 18th, 2017 When signing up you will be asked if you have teammates. If you do not list at least one teammate, then you will be assigned to a team.
- The Sports Committee will make every effort to assign players to the same team upon request. In the event that a team does not have sufficient players, the Sports Committee reserves the right to even out teams. This will not occur unless a team does not meet the minimum requirements for team size.
- To be legal, all players must be at least 18 years old to play, and sign up to play on one team only. Team rosters must be between 5 to 8 players.
- During the regular season, a team may use a substitute player who is within the league without limitation. A player may use a sub who is outside the league with the consent of the Sports Committee. No substitutions may be made during the playoffs unless approval of the Sports Committee occurs prior to the playoff schedule being announced.
5 There shall be a maximum of 5 players on the field per team at one time, of which at least 1 player must be female. All teams must have at least 2 female players on the roster. A team may play with as few as 4 players of any gender combination on the field.
6 INJURED PLAYERS: If a player is injured and chooses not to continue playing or cannot continue playing in the league, that team may substitute another player onto the roster of the same gender. Permanent substitutions other than above are allowed only at the discretion of the Sports Committee. The player who has a permanent sub may not return to league at a later date.