- This event has passed.
CYP Ultimate Frisbee League 2019
May 13 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm$25 – $45
Ladies and gentlemen, back by popular demand, CYP presents Ultimate Frisbee 2019!
Come show off your skills and hang out with some awesome people along the way. This year we are doing things a little differently in order to have a better balanced league when it come to competition level. We will be drafting teams based responses to a questionnaire you will be emailed after registering. Please add email@example.com to your email safe list to avoid the questionnaire being sent to spam. You may request to have one person on your team, such as spouse or a significant other.
The league will begin Monday, May 13th, 2019 and run every Monday (except Memorial Day) until July 8th, 2019 for a total of 8 weeks including playoffs. All players will receive a CYP Ultimate Frisbee tee shirt for their team uniform. Special thanks to the Western Village RV Park in Carlisle for hosting our league this year!
Tickets may be purchased below. Costs are as follows:
$25/player Early Registration by April 21st. $30/player after 4/21 .
$35 /player Late Registration 5/2-5/5
$40/player Early Registration by April 21st. $45/player after 4/21.
$45 /player Late Registration 5/2-5/5
end on May 1st, 2019 EXTENDED thru May 5th @ Midnight!!!
See you out on the field!
PLEASE SEE RULES AND ROSTER COMPOSITION BELOW
Rules are subject to changing depending on league composition.
CYP ULTIMATE FRISBEE BASIC RULES
Full Rules Will be Emailed Prior to the start of the League
1. The Field: A rectangular shape with end zones at each end.
2. Initiate Play: Each point begins with both teams lining up on the front of their respective end zone line. The defense throws (“pulls”) the disc to the offense. A regulation game has five players per team.
3. Scoring: Each time the offense completes a pass in the defense’s end zone, the offense scores a point. Play is initiated after each score.
4. Movement of the Disc: The disc may be advanced in any direction by completing a pass to a teammate. Players may not run with the disc. The person with the disc (“thrower”) has ten seconds to throw the disc. The defender guarding the thrower (“marker”) counts out the stall count.
5. Change of Possession: When a pass is not completed (e.g. out of bounds, drop, block, interception, stalled), the defense immediately takes possession of the disc and becomes the offense.
6. Substitutions: Players not in the game may replace players in the game after a score and during an injury timeout.
7. Non-contact: No physical contact is allowed between players. Picks and screens are also prohibited. A foul occurs when contact is made.
8. Fouls: When a player initiates contact on another player a foul occurs. When a foul disrupts possession, the play resumes as if the possession was retained. If the player committing the foul disagrees with the foul call, the play is redone.
9. Self-Officiating: Players are responsible for their own foul and line calls. Players resolve their own disputes.
10. Scoring: The teams shall play one game per weekly matchup with the team that scores 15 points first wins. The total time for all games in a particular matchup shall be 45 minutes. The Sports Committee is still evaluating end of games scenarios and the final rules will be made public prior to the start of the season.
1. If signing up as a pair, rosters must be submitted to the Sports Committee on or before May 1st, 2019.
2. To be legal, all players must be at least 18 years old to play, and sign up to play on one team only. Team rosters must be between 5 to 8 players.
3. During the regular season, a team may use a substitute player who is within the league without limitation. A player may use a sub who is outside the league with the consent of the Sports Committee. No substitutions may be made during the playoffs.
4. There shall be a maximum of 5 players on the field per team at one time, of which at least 1 player must be female. All teams must have at least 2 female players on the roster. A team may play with as few as 4 players of any gender combination on the field.
5. INJURED PLAYERS: If a player is injured and chooses not to continue playing or cannot continue playing in the league, that team may substitute another player onto the roster of the same gender. Permanent substitutions other than above are allowed only at the discretion of the Sports Committee. The player who has a permanent sub may not return to league at a later date.
*CYP Member discounts are only valid for Members in good standing. A Member is considered “In good standing” as long as he/she is on paid membership (annual or monthly when) at the time of purchase. Membership standing will be verified for all ticket purchases. Tickets sales may be cancelled and refunded on all expired or non-members purchases at CYP’s discretion. If you are unsure of your current membership standing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.