- This event has passed.
CYP Virtual Game Night: Scattergories Edition (04/24/20)
April 24 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
When: Apr 24, 2020 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/113967461?pwd=M01EcWQydWRlNU1DT3ZNMEs5aDBBQT09
Meeting ID: 113 967 461
Come join CYP for a virtual game night to play Scattergories!
This event is being hosted in conjunction with South Side Deli to benefit Operation Veterans Hope; if you would like to donate to support OVH, you can do so at https://carlisleyp.org/product/donation/. Make sure to add in your order notes that your donation is for the event so we will know you are donating for OVH.
What do participants need? Blank papers and a writing utensil Categories and letter will be provided by the Game Master.
How to Play Scattergories
1. Each round you will get a list and a letter. The Game Master will display the list and randomly generate the letter.
2. Before the 3-minute timer runs out, your objective is to list one answer per category that starts with the key letter for that round.
-An answer that uses the key letter multiple times get ones point for each word (Janet Jackson would count for 2 points for “J”)
-The articles a, an, & the cannot be used for key letters (“S” is the key letter for The Shining)
-The exact same answer cannot be given twice in one round.
-When answering with a proper name, you may use the first or last name as they key letter.
-Creative answers can be acceptable, but if the players challenge the answer, the group must vote on its acceptability.
4. At the end of each round, participants will share their answer one at a time. If your answer is shared, cross it off. We will continue sharing until everyone has shared each answer.
5. Add up and record your points for each round.
1. Limit background noise. You are recommended to mute your microphone when engaging in conversation with others around you or doing activities that generate a lot of noise.
2. In the event that we must vote on the validity of an answer, we will use a thumb up or thumb down.